- Nominal system voltage for shock hazard assessment has been revised reflecting changes to NFPA 70E table 130.4(c)(a)
- All references to the prohibited approach boundary have been deleted throughout the standard and the AFA V5.0 program. Once the restricted approach boundary was crossed, there were no other requirements in the NFPA 70E 2015 edition.
- All label layouts and terminology have been rearranged to meet the new standard requirements.
- Personal protective equipment (PPE) recommendations displayed on labels created using the program can be reviewed, edited or reset to default values. The feature will let you making necessarily PPE adjustments required for various tasks in English and a variety of international languages. Also, the PPE requirements in new NFPA 70E standard have changed from previous editions of the standard. They may become different again and the feature will let you reflect the changes as the safety standard evolves.
- The program is now memorizing
selected label style (including label size,
text color, style), optional extra line
title, value etc.
AFA V5.0.8 - FEATURES AND CAPABILITIES
- Detailed arc flash analysis using the IEEE 1584 equations and the Lee method.
- Ensure compliance with NEC, OSHA, NFPA 70E 2015, IEEE P1584 and CSA Z462 standards and regulations.
- Instantly determine arcing current, incident energy, arc flash, limited, restricted and prohibited shock approach boundaries, hazard level, typical clothing system.
fuse and circuit breaker data including
time-current characteristics for the devices
that are not already featured in the built-in
protection device library.
- Perform arc flash boundary calculations based on 1.2 cal/cm^2 (5 Joules/cm^2) onset energy to second degree burn for bare skin exposure per IEEE 1584 Guide and other incident energy levels as well, such as the rating of proposed personal protective equipment, or evaluated onset to second degree burn energy.
- Create warning labels in English and a variety of international languages.
- Preview, save, print arc flash labels in high resolution graphic format.
- Save input configuration, protection device information.
- Perform analysis using metric, imperial units.
- Save reports including equipment data, calculation results, warning label.
More information about Arc Flash Analytic arc flash analysis and labeling software is available on this page:
MORE SOFTWARE AND MOBILE APPS BY ARCAD INC